- Government of Montenegro
Prime Minister of Montenegro
Dritan AbazovićPrime Minister of Montenegro
Dritan Abazović was born on 25 December 1985 in Ulcinj.
He finished elementary and secondary school in Ulcinj. He graduated from the Faculty of Political Sciences, Department of Political Science, University of Sarajevo, gaining the title of political science graduate. He was the best student of generation and winner of the "Golden Badge" and the "Golden Charter" of the University of Sarajevo. He obtained his master's degree in 2008 at the Faculty of Political Science, University of Montenegro, majoring in International Relations. He obtained his doctoral degree in 2019 at the Faculty of Political Science, University of Sarajevo, doctoral thesis on "Global Politics - Ethical Aspects of Globalization".
He has been active in socio-political life since his high school days. He is the founder of the Youth Group of the Helsinki Committee for Human Rights, whose focus was on reconciling young people in the post-conflict zones of the former Yugoslavia.
As a scholarship holder of the Norwegian organisation "Fritt Ord", he was a participant in the "Peace research" as well as the "Professional development" programme. As a guest lecturer he delivered a lecture at Istanbul Bilgi University and MSU- Iligan Institute of Technology.
- From 2005 to 2007, he was a demonstrator at the Faculty of Political Sciences, University of Sarajevo.
- From 2010 to 2012, he was the Executive Director of the Teuta Television.
- From 2010 to 2012, he was Executive Director of the NGO Mogul in Ulcinj.
- Since 2010, he has worked as a high school teacher in Ulcinj, teaching Sociology of Culture, Communication and History of Religion. In 2012, he was one of the founders of the political party Positive Montenegro.
- From 2012 to 2020, he served as a member of the Parliament of Montenegro. In 2015, he was one of the founders the Civic Movement United Reform Action (URA), and since 2017 he is the president of the party.
- From 2020 to 2022, he served as Deputy Prime Minister of Montenegro.
- He was elected Prime Minister of Montenegro on 28 April 2022.
He is the author of the book "Cosmopolitan Culture and Global Justice", as well as a large number of scientific papers in regional and international journals. The topics he studies are related to political philosophy, globalization and ethics.
- Abazović, Dritan (2014) Anatomy of Postmodern Morality, Signs of the Times, Journal of Philosophy, Religion, Science and Social Practice, year XVII, No. 63, Scientific-Research Institute of Ibn Sina, Sarajevo
- Abazović, Dritan (2013) Realpolitik and ethics, Matica crnogorska, Journal of Social Affairs, Science and Culture, year XIV, No. 54, summer 2013, Podgorica
- Abazović, Dritan (2012) Notion of dignity in the context of contemporary society, Signs of the Times, Journal of Philosophy, Religion, Science and Social Practice, year XV, double issue 57/58, the Scientific-Research Institute of Ibn Sina , Sarajevo
- Abazović, Dritan (2014) The ideology of anti-globalists, The ideology of anti-globalism, The Journal of Science, Culture and Art "Dija", Association of Albanian creator, No.12/2014, vol. XII
- Abazović, Dritan (2014) Ethical Review of Democracy, Sarajevo Journal of Social Affairs (Autumn/Winter 2014), Faculty of Political Science, University of Sarajevo, year III, No. 1-2
He speaks English and Albanian language.